Obituary: Valia Jane Drake
Services for Valia Jane (Brysky) Drake, 40, Tonganoxie, will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday, July 3, 2001, at West Haven Baptist Church, Tonganoxie. Burial will be in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mrs. Drake died Friday, June 29, 2001, at the University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan.
She was born Sept. 18, 1960, in Kansas City, Kan., the daughter of John and Maria (Kiosow) Brysky.
She was a homemaker and had worked for 10 years in the cafeteria at General Motors in Fairfax.
She was a member of St. Luke's Bezantynign Catholic Church in Sugar Creek, Mo., and had been active as a room mother at Tonganoxie Elementary School and in the Parent-Teacher Association.
She married Richard D. Drake on March 27, 1986, in Lawrence. He survives, of the home.
Other survivors include four sons, Richard D. Drake Jr., Tonganoxie, Michael J. Drake, Matthew R. Drake and Joshua D. Drake, all of the home; her parents of Kansas City, Kan; a brother, Michael Brysky, Shawnee; two sisters, Anna Roach, Raytown, Mo., and Julie Brysky, Kansas City, Kan.
More like this story
- Kansas student says flying Confederate flag not meant to be racist
- First land bank lots from Fort Riley overbuilding to be sold
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Kansas City Connection: a place for good jazz, eats; Starlight lets it go
- Kansas City International Airport expansion plan gets new look from architects