Obituary: Valia Jane Drake
Services for Valia Jane (Brysky) Drake, 40, Tonganoxie, will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday, July 3, 2001, at West Haven Baptist Church, Tonganoxie. Burial will be in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mrs. Drake died Friday, June 29, 2001, at the University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan.
She was born Sept. 18, 1960, in Kansas City, Kan., the daughter of John and Maria (Kiosow) Brysky.
She was a homemaker and had worked for 10 years in the cafeteria at General Motors in Fairfax.
She was a member of St. Luke's Bezantynign Catholic Church in Sugar Creek, Mo., and had been active as a room mother at Tonganoxie Elementary School and in the Parent-Teacher Association.
She married Richard D. Drake on March 27, 1986, in Lawrence. He survives, of the home.
Other survivors include four sons, Richard D. Drake Jr., Tonganoxie, Michael J. Drake, Matthew R. Drake and Joshua D. Drake, all of the home; her parents of Kansas City, Kan; a brother, Michael Brysky, Shawnee; two sisters, Anna Roach, Raytown, Mo., and Julie Brysky, Kansas City, Kan.
More like this story
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers