Wet weather slows work on mobile home park
In mid-April, the mobile home park at the intersection of U.S. Highway 24-40 and Smiley Road was supposed to be finished in two months.
Two months later, park developer Steve Sturgeon has a new expected time of completion.
"Whenever the rain stops," Sturgeon said.
The 91-lot park has been slowed by the abundance of precipitation, although Sturgeon said the only revamping has come through re-grading.
"It hasn't been anything significant," Sturgeon said about repairs needed because of rain.
The only major obstacle is the delay. The park still has residents already signed up for when it is complete.
The main ingredient for completion is having dry days for construction. Sturgeon said that the project still needs 25 days of work before it's completed.
The project has now spanned roughly seven months.
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Wanted: Mural ideas for Tonganoxie
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown