Accident kills two residents
Two Tonganoxie residents have been killed in traffic accidents.
In the most recent fatality, a vehicle driven by Judy M. Knapp, 50, Tonganoxie, went left of the center line as she was traveling south on Ferguson Road in Jefferson County. Her vehicle collided with one driven by Randy Russell, 38, Lawrence. Knapp and Russell died in the accident, and a passenger in Russell's vehicle, Jeannie S. Russell, 32, Lawrence, was taken to Stormont Vail Medical Center in Topeka, where she was treated and released.
The site of the accident, which occurred 1:10 p.m. Sunday, is nearly seven miles north of U.S. Highway 24.
In another accident, William Chrisman, 21, 25175 DeHoff Road, Tonganoxie, was killed when the motorcycle he was driving south on 219th Street went off the road and struck a barbed-wire fence. The accident occurred about 11:50 p.m. July 3, about a half-mile north of Parallel Road.
The accident is under investigation by the Leavenworth County sheriff's office.
An obituary for Mr. Chrisman appears on page 2A of today's edition of The Mirror. Obituary information for Mrs. Knapp was not available.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie trainer warns of heat illnesses, urges proper hydration
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Tonganoxie water main break could leave some without water for much of day
- Kansas GOP leader demands Davis exit from voter rules suit
- Kansas AG plans to appeal ruling blocking anti-abortion law