Wesley E. Coonrod
Services for Wesley E. Coonrod, 89, rural Munden, will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, July 12, 2001, at the United Methodist Church in Hubbell, Neb., with the Revs. Eldon Nicholson and Mary Beth Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Hubbell Cemetery, Hubbell, Neb.
Mr. Coonrod died Saturday, July 7, 2001, at his home. He was born Feb. 28, 1912, in Mahaska, the son of I. Walter and Sarah Cossaart Coonrod.
Mr. Coonrod was a farmer and was a longtime rural Munden resident. He was a member of the United Methodist Church of Hubbell, Neb., the Hubbell Lions Club, the Hubbell Cemetery Board. He had served on the township election board, and had 24 years of service with the ASCS office.
He married Esther Dugger in June 1939. She died on April 30, 1988.
Survivors include a son, Don Coonrod, Hays; a daughter, Loris New, Tonganoxie; a brother, Reuben Coonrod, Belleville; six grandchildren; three stepgrandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 9 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. today at Bachelor-Faulkner-Dart-Surber Funeral Home in Belleville.
More like this story
- Suspect in custody after Kansas City killing spree that left five dead
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms
- Wineries, craft breweries experience growth in Kansas
- While Kansas sees fewer earthquakes, more than ever rattle Oklahoma
- Five killed in shooting spree that began at Kansas City home