Murder charge lodged in Jefferson County
A rural McLouth man faces a first-degree murder charge in the October 1999 shooting death of another man.
Ronald Decker, 52, rural McLouth, is charged in Jefferson County District Court in connection with the death of Lloyd Green, 45. Last week, officials dug up what they believe to be Green's body, after receiving a tip that Green's body was buried on Decker's property, which is north of McLouth.
Decker also faces an aggravated robbery charge. Officials allege he stole a wallet containing $400 from Green's body.
A preliminary hearing in the case, which had been scheduled for today, has been postponed until August. A date for that hearing has not been scheduled yet.
More like this story
- Local attorney faces incumbent in school board race
- Longtime Tonganoxie council members to square off in mayoral race
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event