Amateur radio club plans demonstration
The Pilot Knob Amateur Radio club of Leavenworth will operate an Amateur (Ham) Radio station from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Aug. 10 at the Leavenworth County Fair.
The radio club will provide a free RadioGram service. Anyone can send a short message via the hams free of charge. Radio amateurs at the fair will send the message by radio to other hams that are part of a nationwide network. The message will be relayed from ham to ham until it reaches a ham close to the message destination.
Radio amateurs also serve Leavenworth County as storm-spotters.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High boys soccer ties KC Christian on Senior Night, finishes regular season unbeaten
- Pirates rough up Chieftain boys in rout of Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie High soccer opens 4-1A regionals as No. 4 seed
- 2017 Tonganoxie High boys soccer season results
- Tonganoxie High wrestlers nab 2nd at Wamego Invitational