G.A. Emerson, Jr.
G.A. Emerson Jr., 77, of Midlothian, Va., died Feb. 14, 2001, at his residence.
He grew up in Tonganoxie. His parents were Gus and Amelia Emerson, who ran the Tonganoxie greenhouse for many years. Mr. Emerson served in the U.S. Army Air Corps as an instructor pilot in B-29 bombers during World War II.
He had served on the city council in Bonner Springs, and was a 50-year member of Bonner Springs Masonic Lodge No. 558. He was an executive with PPG Industries, retiring after 39 years of service.
Survivors include his wife, Lorraine Emerson; two sons, Leonard Emerson, Maryland, and John Emerson, New Jersey; and two daughters, Carol Eaton, Virginia, and Connie Bahm, Virginia; a brother, Jack Emerson California; and six grandchildren.
More like this story
- Kansas oil and gas industries suffer while wind industry prospers
- Crews clean up hydraulic spill in Tonganoxie subdivision
- Man to be sentenced in suicide bomb plot at Kansas airport
- Slide in Kansas oil industry continues to stress producers
- Man convicted in Jewish site killings is sentenced to death