Break-in reported downtown
A truck load of equipment disappeared last weekend from a downtown construction site.
The theft occurred between Saturday afternoon and Monday morning at 416 East Fourth, where Jack Cronemeyer plans to open a Southwest restaurant.
Billy Jack Cronemeyer, owner of the building, said,
"We got ripped off bad about $5,000 worth. It was here Saturday afternoon, it was all here"
The tools and equipment were removed from the office area of the building, Cronemeyer said.
"They took the board off the front window and went in that way, then came out the back," he said.
Among the items missing were an air compressor, pipe threader, two 24-foot extension ladders, stepladders and a nail gun, and other tools, as well as a telephone, telephone answering machine and FAX machine.
Sgt. John Putthoff of the Tonganoxie Police Department, said police have no leads.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie baseball setting sights on return trip to state
- THS player scores hat trick as girls soccer team records shutout
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Second-half collapse hurts Tonganoxie High boys
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state