School Board briefs
Changes in school handbook
Tonganoxie Elementary School Principal Jerry Daskoski asked that two clauses be added to the school's handbook.
One of the clauses said that when a child is absent for three or more consecutive days, a note from a doctor is required.
The other clause concerns student dress codes, and says shorts should be of a modest length, and students may not wear halter tops or spaghetti strap tops. The midriff area should be covered and the wearing of tank tops is discouraged.
The board reappointed School Foundation board members Mike Gibbens, Jim Grinter and Kent Quarles to two-year terms.
Several staff members hired
Following executive session Monday night, the Tonganoxie school board:
Accepted resignations of Mike Webb as high school vocational counselor and head basketball coach, and of Gordon Lankenau as vocal music instructor.
Approved transfer of Deborah Holloway from high school to junior high English; Pam Field as kindergarten music instructor for one hour a day; Barb Bahm as district library coordinator; Steve Woolf and Tammie George as district computer coordinators; Lori Elston as substitute caller; Joyce Steeby as junior high and high school vocal music instructor; and Scott Smith as high school counselor.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits