Lift-a-thon to raise funds for football team
From 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. July 28, the Tonganoxie High School football team will have a Lift-a-thon to gauge its improvements and raise funds for the team.
The Lift-a-thon will be on the football field. Players line up sponsors.
Elston said they might even play a game of 7-on-7. He would also like to have a session where the parents can try some of the drills that the players will execute at practice. He wants the parents to have the chance to become more involved
Elston said it would be a fun way to move into the intensity of the football season. The community is invited.
Football camps set for July
Tonganoxie High School will be hosting football camps at the end of July.
Anyone interested can sign up at the junior high or high school. They may also contact Coach Mark Elston at (913) 369-0101.
The first camp will be for varsity from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. July 23-27. A camp for fourth grade through eighth grade will be from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. July 30 and 31.
Sign up for summer leagues
The Tonganoxie Recreation Commission is planning to offer singles tennis, 3-on-3 basketball and sand volleyball starting about mid-July.
The commission would like to start forming teams. If interested or for more information, call the commission office, 845-3502.
More like this story
- Solar advocates decry Westar's new billing plans
- Kansas firm criticized for plan to hike electric rates $152 million
- Kansas, five other states sue Obama administration over Affordable Care Act
- Process continues with Tonganoxie charter ordinance
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues