Area church to install new minister
Trinity Lutheran Church of Basehor/Tonganoxie will install its first pastor on Sunday in a service at Glenwood Ridge Elementary School.
The Rev. James M. Jobst will be installed as mission developer during the service, which begins at 3 p.m. The Rev. Michael May, pastor of St. Luke's Lutheran Church in Kansas City, Kan., will officiate.
Jobst has served for the past five years as director of youth and family life ministries at Resurrection Lutheran Church in Houston.
The Basehor/Tonganoxie church is a mission campus of Trinity Lutheran Church in Leavenworth.
"We're thrilled to have Pastor Jobst as our mission developer," said the Rev. Kevin Wilson, senior pastor of Trinity Lutheran. "We really thought it would be at least two years before we would need a pastor just for this campus, let alone receive such a gifted minister.
The Basehor/Tonganoxie church started worshipping in September at Glenwood Ridge Elementary School. Average attendance has grown to between 90 and 95 people. Work is under way to find a permanent site for the church.
More like this story
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Chietain wrestlers snag wins, build for future in at Salina
- Basehor-Linwood ends Tonganoxie boys basketball season
- Tonganoxie High School girls team heads into sub-state with victory
- 4 Kansas tribes to split $1.7 million for housing needs