Obituary: Lola Belle Church
Services for Lola Belle Church, 81, Tonganoxie, were Saturday, June 16, 2001, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. . Burial was in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, Kansas City, Kan.
Mrs. Church died Wednesday, June 13, 2001, at her home. She was born March 24, 1920, in Dunivant, the daughter of Clarence and Blanche (Manchester) Gaunt. She retired as a florist in 1976. She was a member of Tonganoxie Christian Church and Rinda Chapter 82, Order of Eastern Star, both of Tonganoxie.
She married John C. Church on July 23, 1939, in St. Joseph, Mo. He died on Dec. 1, 1992.
Survivors include a son, Richard Meyer, Linwood; two daughters, Jeanette Mac-Donald, Ocala, Fla., and Betty Roberts, St. Joseph, Mo.; two brothers, Robert Gaut, Cottonwood, Ariz., and Gene Gaut, Kansas City, Mo.; a sister June Boyce, Valley Falls; six grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; a great-great-grandchild.
More like this story
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit