Obituary: Lola Belle Church
Services for Lola Belle Church, 81, Tonganoxie, were Saturday, June 16, 2001, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. . Burial was in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, Kansas City, Kan.
Mrs. Church died Wednesday, June 13, 2001, at her home. She was born March 24, 1920, in Dunivant, the daughter of Clarence and Blanche (Manchester) Gaunt. She retired as a florist in 1976. She was a member of Tonganoxie Christian Church and Rinda Chapter 82, Order of Eastern Star, both of Tonganoxie.
She married John C. Church on July 23, 1939, in St. Joseph, Mo. He died on Dec. 1, 1992.
Survivors include a son, Richard Meyer, Linwood; two daughters, Jeanette Mac-Donald, Ocala, Fla., and Betty Roberts, St. Joseph, Mo.; two brothers, Robert Gaut, Cottonwood, Ariz., and Gene Gaut, Kansas City, Mo.; a sister June Boyce, Valley Falls; six grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; a great-great-grandchild.
More like this story
- O'Brien: Broken funding formula and necessary corrections
- Tonganoxie USD 464 superintendent's contract extended through 2017
- More Kansas teachers leaving state, retiring
- Tongnoxie USD 464 board cuts teacher position, freshman athletics events
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise