Benefits of program truly are endless
It's true: The benefits are endless.
Tonganoxie's Recreation Commission has adopted those four words as its motto. Young and old benefit from the rigorous activities and the fun programs the Rec Commission offers.
But the commission represents more.
It's illustrative of how a great idea can grow into a great program through the hard work and dedication of volunteers. Community members who have taken advantage of recreation commission programs know well how much fun they can be. And our young community members enjoy the fact that these programs provide something for them to do year-round.
The community owes its thanks to Don Huebner for not only recognizing a good idea, but also tailoring it to Tonganoxie. Other Tonganoxie citizens recognized the merits of a recreation program and campaigned for and agreed to pay a 1-mill tax levy to finance the idea. Later, Huebner's son and daughter-in-law expanded the program.
Now, with the capable and likeable Mark Zerrer at the helm, guided by the commission's board, it's likely the program will continue to grow. And that's fortunate for our community.
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation