James Vincent Holton
Services for James Vincent Holton, 87, Kansas City, Mo., were Saturday, March 3, 2001, at Christ the King Catholic Church in Kansas City, Mo. Burial was in Mount Olivet Cemetery, Kansas City, Mo.
Mr. Holton died last Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2001, at St. Joseph Health Center. He was born May 1, 1913, in Tonganoxie.
He was the son of Thomas and Catherine (Lynch) Holton, both of whom were born in Ireland. Mr. Holton was very proud of his Irish heritage.
He graduated from Tonganoxie High School in 1931 and was a U.S. Naval Air Force veteran of World War II.
Mr. Holton worked in various capacities in the construction industry until his retirement at 65. At that time, he joined Quality Wood Products and became owner of EJM Milwork, where he worked until his second retirement at age 85.
Mr. Holton was a charter member of Christ the King Church and its Holy Name Society.
His wife, Mary Frances, of 53 years died in 1999.
Survivors include three daughters, Marlene Toms, Rita DeCapo, and Janice Evans, all of Kansas City, Mo.; a brother, Dr. Edward B. Holton, of Kansas City, Mo.; and seven grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Tonganoxie High School Alumni Association Scholarship Fund or Christ the King Church. Muehlebach Funeral Home handled arrangements.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council's Reed to challenge O'Brien for Kansas House seat
- O'Brien, Karleskint squaring off Tuesday in Republican primary in Kansas House District 42 race
- Local attorney faces incumbent in school board race
- Outgoing Tonganoxie superintendent to take administrative position in Topeka
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie Recreation Commission's Lisa Large