Parade organizers look for entries
If spring fever is hitting you hard, organizers of the annual St. Patrick's Day Parade suggest you put together an entry for this year's event.
Each year, the parade is held on the Saturday before St. Patrick's Day. And this year, the holiday falls on a Saturday, so it and the parade will coincide on March 17.
The 14th annual parade, sponsored by the Tonganoxie Chamber of Commerce, will kick off at 10 a.m. near the swimming pool. It will head west down Fourth Street to Church Street.
To enter the parade, call Debbie Breuer, one of the organizers, at 369-3715 or 369-0100. Or Breuer said entrants simply can show up on the day of the parade. No fees are charged.
A limited quantity of sweatshirts and T-shirts will be printed to commemorate St. Patrick's Day 2001.
Proceeds from the sale of shirts will be donated to the library.
At the conclusion of the parade, chapter AT of P.E.O. will host a lunch of corned-beef and cabbage or stew, as well as desserts. The lunch will run until 2 p.m. at the Congregational Church, 303 E. Fourth. Tickets are available at the door or in advance for $5 at local banks, Village Floral, Evans Real Estate or from any member of chapter AT.
More like this story
- Kansas mental hospital overtime hours 'appalling,' documents say
- Lawrence Memorial plans for Tonganoxie office expansion later this year
- LMH Breast Risk Assessment Clinic helps identify cancer risks
- Outgoing Tonganoxie superintendent to take administrative position in Topeka
- Brownback wants more highway patrol officers