Advance voting gets under way today for April 3 election
Voter registration for the April 3 general election runs through Monday.
Leavenworth County residents may register to vote at the county clerk's office in the courthouse in Leavenworth; at city hall in Tonganoxie, Linwood, Basehor, Leavenworth, Lansing and Easton; at the Leavenworth County Annex in Tonganoxie; and at the Tonganoxie Public Library, the Leavenworth Public Library, the Basehor Community Library and the Linwood Library.
In addition, advance voting begins today at the county clerk's office for the April 3 election. Voting is available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the clerk's office in the courthouse, 300 Walnut, Leavenworth. Voters also can vote by mail by completing an application for an advance ballot and mailing it to the clerk's office. The application is a request for a ballot to be mailed to a voter. It is not an actual ballot.
To request an application for a ballot, call the clerk's office, (800) 250-2057 or (913) 684-0421. A signature is required on the applications, and the completed applications must be received by the clerk's office by 5 p.m. March 30.
To be counted, completed ballots must be received at the clerk's office by 7 p.m. April 3. Completed ballots cannot be accepted at polling places on Election Day only at the clerk's office.
More like this story
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Resident asks to consider educational opportunities for former Tonganoxie Elementary School
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- A new era begins in Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie USD 464 receives one bid for former elementary school