Walter L. Hubbel
Walter L. Hubbel
Services for Walter L. Hubbel, 89, Bonner Springs, will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, March 15, 2001, at Holy Angels Catholic Church in Basehor, with the Rev. Linus Evers officiating. Burial will be in Holy Angels Cemetery.
Mr. Hubbel died Sunday, March 11, 2001, at his home. He was born Feb. 13, 1912, in Tonganoxie, the son of Francis and Mary Theresa (Seufert) Hubbel.
He was a 1931 graduate of Linwood High School, Linwood, a U.S. Navy veteran of World War II, a member of Holy Angels Catholic Church and a charter member of the parish's Knights of Columbus. He had served as president of Wyandotte County Kansas Farm Bureau. He was a farmer.
He married Mary Agnes Kelly on May 9, 1944, in Kansas City, Kan. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include a son, James F., Basehor; two daughters, Mary Ann Huslig, LaGrange Park, Ill., and Nancy Jane Ogg, Jefferson City, Mo.; a brother, Floyd, Basehor; a sister, Leona Schwinn, Leavenworth; five grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
The family will receive friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. today at Quisenberry Chapel in Tonganoxie, where a rosary will be said at 7 p.m. The family suggests memorial contributions Alzheimer's Association, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie water main break could leave some without water for much of day
- Tonganoxie City Council agenda for April 6, 2015
- Tonganoxie City Council votes to purchase church for $275,000
- Tonganoxie mural public forum set for Wednesday in council chambers
- Lansing approves Leavenworth County Humane Society permit for future building