Leavenworth County Sheriff
Collie Arnold, 80, DeSoto, was traveling on 158th Street at Golden Road about 8:30 p.m. March 13 when he had problems seeing the road and drove off into a ditch injuring a passenger, Snow Dean Arnold, 71, DeSoto. The passenger was taken to Shawnee Mission Medical Center. The vehicle was not damaged.
Whitney Mims, 18, Overland Park, was traveling south on County Road 30, north of Kissinger Road, about 10 a.m. Monday when she swerved to miss a dog and lost control of her vehicle. Mims' vehicle went off the road and hit a tree and an embankment. The Jeep she was driving rolled on its side. Mims was wearing her seatbelt and was not injured. The Jeep was a total loss.
Melissa Tate, 35, Tonganoxie, backed into a parked vehicle owned by Robert Heeter, 40, Tonganoxie, about 8:45 p.m. Friday in the alley of the 600 block of East Fifth Street. No injuries were reported.
Someone stole $700 worth of copper tubing from a construction trailer outside the Christian Church, 204 Washington Street. It was reported Monday, but the theft could have occurred anytime within the past month.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie residents gear up for fireworks; area communities offering displays
- Kansas ban on profiting from fetal tissue sales in spotlight
- Proposed amendment would end Kansas grocery sales tax
- Kansas governor says deficit plan is not a tax increase
- Leadership group, local realtors partner to bring SAFE benefits to Leavenworth County emergency responders