Louis E. Mills
Louis E. Mills
Services for Louis E. Mills, 77, McLouth, were 10 a.m. Thursday, March 22, 2001, at Quisenberry Chapel in Tonganoxie, with the Rev. Mike Vernon officiating. Burial was in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mr. Mills died March 19, 2001, at Providence Place Nursing Center in Kansas City, Kan.
He was born May 12, 1923, in Tonganoxie, the son of Floyd and Louise (Overbaugh) Mills. He was a farmer and worked for General motors Leeds Plant in Kansas City, Mo., for 30 years. Tonganoxie Rural High School and was a member of United Auto Workers Union Local No. 93, Kansas City, Mo.
He married Wilma G. Reese on Nov. 21, 1947. She died last year. A stepdaughter, Connie McCloud, died in 1992.
Survivors include three brothers, Charles, Edward and Fred, all of Tonganoxie; four sisters, Ellen Harbaugh, Tonganoxie, Ruth Gerald, Parker, Colo., Frances Fanshier, Great Bend, and Florence Braga, Berwick, Maine; and a stepgranddaughter.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Catholic Charities Hospice, sent in care of the funeral home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Kansas district court judge sues over state law on courts
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation