Current work on Kansas Highway 7 corridor
The median strips on a four-block section of Kansas Highway 7 are being ripped out to make way for acceleration and deceleration turn lanes for a new office of the Kansas Department of Transportation.
The office is about three-fourths of a mile north of the K-7 interchange with Interstate 70, according to John Swihart, KDOT spokesman for the district. Construction on the new KDOT office was completed last summer.
The office, which was formerly located at 9740 State Ave., was rebuilt, Swihart said, because the older building needed to be repaired. The new KDOT office is located about two miles west of the previous headquarters.
More like this story
- Edwardsville police recover missing Airstream
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Battle lines being drawn over Kansas school district 'realignment' bill
- Quapaw tribe seeks dismissal of lawsuit over casino plans
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites