Edward D. Hein
Edward D. Hein
Funeral services for Edward D. Hein, Basehor, were held Monday at Davis Funeral Chapel, 531 Shawnee St., Leavenworth. Burial was at Glenwood Cemetery, Basehor.
Edward D. Hein, 65, died Friday, April 27, at Providence Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan. He was born Aug. 6, 1935, in Leavenworth.
He was a member of Sheet Metal Workers Local Union #2 for more than 40 years.
Mr. Hein was employed by Kaw Roofing and Sheet Metal in Kansas City, Kan., before retiring in 1995.
He was also a member of the Heart of America Antique Steam Engine and Model Association for 30 years.
Mr. Hein spent the past six years enjoying his retirement and doing the things he liked to do most: working on cars and antique steam engines, attending Kansas City Blades hockey games, visiting with family and friends and telling stories.
He is survived by his wife of 41 years, Bonnie Hein; his mother, Helen Hein, Basehor; four daughters, Debbie Shannon, Tonganoxie, Sandy Ristow, Kansas City, Mo., Patti Milford, Port Orange, Fla., and Alicia Backlund, Lenexa; a brother, Donald Hein, Basehor; and six grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Heart of America Antique Steam Engine and Model Association, 21409 McLouth Road, McLouth, KS 66054.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- New Kansas schools plan has funds for budget emergencies