City installs slide at pool
For the first time in 40 years, swimmers at the Tonganoxie City Pool will be able to slide into the water.
City administrator Chris Clark said that Darren Shupe, pool manager, had said the addition of a slippery slide might help increase pool attendance.
"That has now been installed and is ready to go," Clark said.
Further efforts to improve the pool area included the cutting away of the hill on the south side of the pool and the construction of a retaining wall to make more room for parking.
And on the west side, outside of the fenced pool area, two concrete pads for picnic tables have been added.
Additionally, Clark said the city is interested in installing playground equipment for toddlers in the swimming pool area.
More like this story
- Kansas Attorney General criticizes federal home health laws
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Tonganoxie High provides assistance throughout area with annual Community Service Day
- Tonganoxie City Council primary election voter's guide
- Brownback spokeswoman blasts Medicaid expansion