City streets ready for some quick fixes
By the end of the summer, Tonganoxie's streets will have a new look.
City Administrator Chris Clark said city crews soon will begin resurfacing selected city streets.
"They'll grind off the top coat and put another coat on," Clark said. "We're not doing the base, curb work or drainage work."
Clark said the work is meant to be a temporary fix.
"The repairs should last two to six years," he said. "It should hold the roads together until we can do more permanent repairs."
County employees will assist city crews on some work, Clark said.
The projected cost of the work will be about $116,000, Clark said.
Areas to be resurfaced include:
Fourth Street from fire department east to the bridge.
Fourth Street from bridge east to water plant.
Fourth Street from Shawnee Street to U.S. Highway 24-40.
Village Terrace, First Street to U.S. 24-40.
Eleventh Street Terrace, U.S. 24-40.
Green Street to Eighth Street.
Seventh Street Terrace to Green Street.
Seventh Street to Shawnee Street.
Cox Street to Third Street.
Cox Street, from Second Street to First Street.
Rogers Road to Washington Street.
The following streets and areas will be patched: 12th Street, Smiley Road, Greenwood park, Evans and Second Street, Church Street, Front Street and Ridge Street intersection, and Ridge Street and Ridge Street Circle intersection.
More like this story
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination