Services for Gerald Soetaert, 61, Tonganoxie, will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, May 10, 2001, at Quisenberry Chapel, Tonganoxie.
Mr. Soetaert died Monday, May 7, 2001, at the University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan.
He was born June 27, 1939, in Kansas City, Kan., the son of George and Geneva (Fyock) Soetaert.
He retired from Procter and Gamble after 33 years as a laboratory technician. On Sept. 14, 1985, he married Kay Emery in Reno, Nev.
Survivors include his wife of the home; his mother, Merriam, Kan.; five sons, Mark Soetaert, McLouth, Michael Soetaert, Kansas City, Mo., John Soetaert, St. Joseph, Mo., and Shaun Soetaert and Scott Soetaert, both of Tonganoxie; three brothers, George Soetaert, Corona de Tucson, Ariz., Tony Soetaert, Shawnee, and Robert Soetaert, Spring, Texas; a sister, Sheila Custer, Kansas City, Kan.; 11 grandchildren; and one great-granddaughter.
Friends may call from noon until 8 p.m. today at the chapel, where the family will receive friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Tonganoxie Recreation Commission, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Regents President and CEO Tompkins retires
- Brownback makes appointments to commissions, boards
- Former Tonganoxie superintendent resigns from same post in Lawrence, plans to take other position in that district, pending board approval
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- Tonganoxie City Council's Reed to challenge O'Brien for Kansas House seat