Letter to the editor: A community asset
To the editor:
Three weeks ago, my beloved wife and sweetheart of 52 years, passed quietly and peacefully away right here in Tonganoxie. She had been a resident of the Tonganoxie Nursing Center for the past eight years, where she received excellent care from a staff of dedicated professionals, whose loving care and understanding provided a healthy and secure atmosphere for her many years there.
It is important to the citizens of our town, who may not be aware, that we have here in Tonganoxie, a very fine facility for the "seniors" who want to "live out" their remaining years in peace and comfort.
This place may very well be the finest nursing home in the state of Kansas. And the key to their success stems from the fact that the entire group of employees work closely together for the most important priority providing the loving care for all of their residents. I can speak from experience. Whether rain, snow or sunshine, for eight years I visited my wife everyday and am thankful to them for allowing me to be a part of their family.
Good Citizens, go visit the Tonganoxie Nursing Center. You will see for yourself the loving and professional care in action.
John M. "Mac" McWilliams,
More like this story
- Former nurse accused of sexual assaulting Kansas patients
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Man who escaped from Kansas police custody found in Missouri
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest
- Tonganoxie man in court on suspicion of child endangerment, alcohol charges