Graduation ceremonies scheduled
This is the season for high school graduations.
Tonganoxie High School's Class of 2001 will graduate at 7 p.m. Saturday at the school's football stadium. In case of inclement weather, ceremonies will be moved inside the school. A baccalaureate service is scheduled for 2:30 p.m. Saturday in the Tonganoxie Junior High School gymnasium.
The speaker will be Danan Hughes, former wide receiver for the Kansas City Chiefs. The service is sponsored by the Tonganoxie Ministerial Alliance.
Following commencement from 10:30 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Sunday new graduates will have an opportunity to celebrate their accomplishment with a party, sponsored by parents. The party, called Project Graduation, will be held at the junior high school.
Graduation ceremonies are set on Thursday for students at Basehor-Linwood High School. Commencement begins at 7:30 p.m. in the high school gymnasium.
In McLouth, the high school will hold commencement at 4 p.m. Saturday in the gold gymnasium at the school.
Photographs of the graduating classes from Tonganoxie, Basehor-Linwood and McLouth high schools begin on page 3B of today's edition of The Mirror.
More like this story
- Lucky breaks with federal funds, pensions help Kansas budget
- Brownback budget plan targets bioscience fund, corrections, highway patrol
- KDOT continues to work on problematic potholes on K-32 in Linwood
- Brownback wants more highway patrol officers
- Kansas State of State address: Brownback appeals to GOP base