Jim and Edna Elder, Linwood, will celebrate their 50th anniversary with an open house from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. June 3 at their home, 11997 206th St.
Jim Elder and Edna Henik were married June 9, 1951, at Plymouth Congregational Church, Lawrence. They have farmed throughout their married life. Edna Elder has also taught school and worked as a postal clerk.
They have two children, LeRoy Elder, Linwood, and Sandra Zahn, Wamego, and six grandchildren.
Their children and grandchildren will host the open house.
The couple request no gifts.
More like this story
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Some kidney transplant services to be offered in Wichita
- Mercury Wireless service expanding to Tonganoxie area
- Dole Institute to exhibit Bob Dole's WWII-era letters
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers