Jim and Edna Elder, Linwood, will celebrate their 50th anniversary with an open house from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. June 3 at their home, 11997 206th St.
Jim Elder and Edna Henik were married June 9, 1951, at Plymouth Congregational Church, Lawrence. They have farmed throughout their married life. Edna Elder has also taught school and worked as a postal clerk.
They have two children, LeRoy Elder, Linwood, and Sandra Zahn, Wamego, and six grandchildren.
Their children and grandchildren will host the open house.
The couple request no gifts.
More like this story
- Pink tractor creator, former VFW post commander dies
- McConnell helps airman cope with loss of infant son
- Tonganoxie High golfers take title at Hayden Invite; soccer gets in victory column
- Tonganoxie pays respects to longtime doctor at visitation
- Closure of Kansas hospital highlights rural care challenges