Jim and Edna Elder, Linwood, will celebrate their 50th anniversary with an open house from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. June 3 at their home, 11997 206th St.
Jim Elder and Edna Henik were married June 9, 1951, at Plymouth Congregational Church, Lawrence. They have farmed throughout their married life. Edna Elder has also taught school and worked as a postal clerk.
They have two children, LeRoy Elder, Linwood, and Sandra Zahn, Wamego, and six grandchildren.
Their children and grandchildren will host the open house.
The couple request no gifts.
More like this story
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Mercury Wireless service expanding to Tonganoxie area
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County