Virden E. Tate
Virden E. Tate
Services for Virden E. Tate, 74, Bonner Springs, were Saturday, May 19, 2001, at Holy Angels Catholic Church, Basehor. Burial was in Bonner Springs Cemetery.
Mr. Tate died May 15, 2001, while on vacation in Las Vegas with his wife. He was born Oct. 8, 1926, in Herington, the son of William and Viola Tate.
He was a Navy veteran of World War II. He was employed at General Motors for 31 years. He was a member of United Autoworkers Local 31. After retiring, he worked on lawn and garden tractors at Theno Farm Supply. He was also a member of Eagle Lodge 3191. Mr. Tate was a member of Holy Angels Church.
Survivors include his wife of 54 years, Helen Tate, of the home; two daughters, Sharon Racer, Tonganoxie, and Vickie Kotay of Plano, Tex.; a son, Steven Tate, Bonner Springs; two sisters, Bernice McGovern and Alberta Watson, both of Bonner Springs; and five granddaughters.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Sacred Heart Building Fund or Holy Angels Building Fund, sent in care of Alden-Harrington Funeral Home, 214 Oak St., Bonner Springs, 66012.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie's Victory Baptist Church open house to welcome new pastor Sunday
- Tonganoxie Sesquicentennial logo unveiled; community band expected to make return
- Tonganoxie celebrates official anniversary of first plat with downtown ceremony
- A day of remembrance in Tonganoxie for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Tonganoxie celebrates Martin Luther King Jr. with song, dance and spoken word