Eleanor G. Tierney
Services for Eleanor G. Tierney, 89, Tonganoxie, will be at 10 a.m. today, May 30, 2001, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Tonganoxie. Burial will be in Resurrection Cemetery in North Kansas City, Mo.
Mrs. Tierney, a former North Kansas City, Mo., resident, died Saturday, May 26, 2001, in Tonganoxie. She was born Jan. 8, 1912, in Solomon, the daughter of Charles and Hanah (Roberts) Casteel Sr. She worked for many years at the Clay County, Missouri, Courthouse. She was a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Tonganoxie and had been active in the Democratic Party.
Her husband, Harry J. Tierney, died May 16, 1980.
Survivors include a nephew, Tom Ransom, Vista, Calif.; four nieces, Betty Duschek, of the home, and Georgia Trieb, Joan Cronemeyer and Eleanor Northern, all of Tonganoxie; and Marion Hornbeck, Phoenix.
Quisenberry Funeral Home is handling arrangements.
More like this story
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- KSU researchers develop heat-tolerant wheat
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck