David William Nelson
A memorial service for David William Nelson, 50, who died Sept. 11, 2001, in the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center in New York, was Saturday, Nov. 3, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Kirkwood, Mo.
Mr. Nelson was born April 8, 1951, in Kirkwood, Mo., the son of Warren and Betty Nelson. He was a 1969 graduate of Kirkwood Senior High School who earned a bachelor's degree in 1973 from John's Hopkins University.
Mr. Nelson was senior vice president at Carr Futures, a commodity brokerage firm in New York City.
Survivors include his wife, Elizabeth Crawford, a daughter, Ingrid, and a son, Frederick; his parents, of Kirkwood, Mo.; two sisters, Barbara Goldman, Chesterfield, Mo., and Marcia Wilson, Hickory, N.C.; and a brother, Roger Nelson, Princeton, N.J. His grandparents were the late Norman and Stella Wiley, Tonganoxie.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the church or to the David William Nelson Memorial Fund, sent in care of Eileen Meny, development office, the Boston Conservatory, 8 The Fenway, Boston, Mass., 02215. Checks may be made out to The Boston Conservatory.
More like this story
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital 5K Run/Walk Tonganoxie race Saturday
- On course for THS: Tonganoxie cross country teams win home meet, take 5th at Rim Rock Classic
- Tongie Tidal Waves outlast Bonner Springs at home dual
- Transgender activist sues Kansas over birth certificate
- Defending home turf in Tonganoxie