The Mirror publishes an American flag
During the past two months, The Mirror has received numerous requests from readers to publish an American flag.
In today's edition, a United States flag that appears to be flying in a breeze appears on page 10B.
This flag, which has the words "United We Stand" under it, is suitable for display in homes, schools and at businesses.
"We thought Veterans Day, which is next week, would be an appropriate time to publish the flag," said Caroline Trowbridge, The Mirror's editor and publisher. "During this difficult time in our nation, many of our readers were interested in having a flag they could put up in their windows or even on their bulletin boards to show their support for our country."
More like this story
- Man injured after his handgun goes off in Kansas theater
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Some Tonganoxie residents unhappy with roaming buffalo
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Mature Living: Many parents offer their retirement savings to pay for children's education