Water, sewer rates have increase for 2002 budget
Monthly user fees will increase in Tonganoxie, the city council announced Tuesday.
The water flat fee debt service will have a 20 percent increase, while water and sewer usage fees will increase by roughly 4 percent beginning Jan. 1.
The flat fee service, which is used to cover principal and interest payments of water revenue bonds, went from $6.25 to $7.50. The bonds financed the original construction cost and the additional costs of the relocation of the water line due to the U.S. Highway 24-40 widening project.
To add another police officer and new firefighter, the council also approved a $1.37 rate added to property taxes.
Fees apply to the average household allotment of 1,000 gallons. Households using more than that amount will be charged $3.95 for each additional 1,000 gallons increment used. The charge is a 9.7 percent increase from the current $3.60 charge.
Council members Janet Angell and Kathy Graveman were absent.
In other news, city administrator Christopher Clark announced that Monday would be his last day at his position.
Clark will move back to his home state of Massachusetts and work in a government capacity there as well.
"It's been an honor and privilege working with you," Clark told the city council Tuesday evening.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High boys soccer ties KC Christian on Senior Night, finishes regular season unbeaten
- Tonganoxie High soccer opens 4-1A regionals as No. 4 seed
- Monster 2nd quarter key in 45-7 Tonganoxie High victory; THS still undefeated heading into Week 9
- 2017 Tonganoxie High boys soccer season results
- Tonganoxie High boys soccer opens regionals as No. 1 seed