Police reports and court proceedings
Leavenworth County Sheriff
A vehicle driven by Lori Justice, 43, Lansing, was traveling north on U.S. Highway 24-40 when it went off the east side of the road, then veered back onto the highway and into the west ditch. Justice was taken to Cushing Hospital for treatment of minor injuries from the accident, which occurred about noon Sept. 29.
A vehicle driven west by Andrea Spencer, 26, Linwood, on U.S. Highway 24-40 was turning left onto Leavenworth County Road 2 when her 7-year-old daughter fell onto the highway. Spencer left her car, which then rolled into a fence. Kelsie Spencer, was taken by ambulance to Providence Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan., where she was treated and released. The accident occurred about 4 p.m. Sunday.
The engine of a delivery van driven by a Washington, Kan., man caught fire about 3:30 p.m. last Wednesday at Casey's, 103 W. Fourth. Firefighter Jaime Payne said the van received $1,500 damage. "The fire was contained to the engine compartment," he said. "It appeared to be an electrical short in the battery." The driver, Darin Allen, had just made deliveries in the area for Marcon Pies of Washington.
More like this story
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Brownback budget plan targets bioscience fund, corrections, highway patrol
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas Senate plan would hinder university's bonding move
- Lucky breaks with federal funds, pensions help Kansas budget