Dinner to benefit families of emergency workers
The Knights of Columbus local council No. 11352, along with national and state Knights of Columbus councils, is raising money for the families of emergency workers who were killed on Sept. 11.
Funds will be donated to families of victims in New York City and Washington, D.C., regardless of whether those who died were members of the Knights of Columbus.
The local group will sponsor a chili feed and pizza dinner from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Nov. 17 in the basement of Sacred Heart Catholic Church, 703 River St., Tonganoxie. Admission will be a free-will offering.
More like this story
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes