Dinner to benefit families of emergency workers
The Knights of Columbus local council No. 11352, along with national and state Knights of Columbus councils, is raising money for the families of emergency workers who were killed on Sept. 11.
Funds will be donated to families of victims in New York City and Washington, D.C., regardless of whether those who died were members of the Knights of Columbus.
The local group will sponsor a chili feed and pizza dinner from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Nov. 17 in the basement of Sacred Heart Catholic Church, 703 River St., Tonganoxie. Admission will be a free-will offering.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes
- Kansas House panel working on plan to raise various taxes
- Kansas GOP lawmakers cite rising frustration, anger with Brownback
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes