Barbara and Ken Mahoney
Ken and Barbara Mahoney, Tonganoxie, will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary with a reception from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Tonganoxie Christian Church Fellowship Hall.
Ken Mahoney and Barbara Quisenberry were married Sept. 9, 1951, at her parents' home. The couple moved to San Diego, where Ken was stationed in the Navy and Barbara worked for the telephone company. In 1951, they moved back to Tonganoxie. Ken worked as a rural mail carrier for 32 years, and also sold insurance and real estate. Barbara was a full-time homemaker for their three children until they became school age. She then worked for First State Bank and Leavenworth Mutual Savings before settling in as a teachers' aide for Tonganoxie Elementary School for 23 years. They both are retired.
They have three children and seven grandchildren.
The couple request no gifts.
More like this story
- No charges after federal probe into Kansas election loans
- Current, retired educators from Tonganoxie square off in general election
- Kansas GOP leader demands Davis exit from voter rules suit
- O'Brien, Karleskint squaring off Tuesday in Republican primary in Kansas House District 42 race
- Leavenworth County Commission race highlights local election season