Bike-a-thon set for Saturday
The national St. Jude Wheels for Life bike-a-thon will make its return to Tonganoxie after eight years.
The charity event benefits St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tenn., and will be from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday at the Tonganoxie Junior High School track
Connie Torneden, coordinator of the event, has organized the bike-a-thon twice before.
Registration forms are available at the Tonganoxie Public Library, Third and Bury streets, and at First State Bank locations at Fourth and Bury streets and at the intersection of U.S. Highway 24-40 and Laming Road.
For more information, contact Torneden at First State Bank and Trust, (913) 845-2500.
More like this story
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Tonganoxie USD 464 candidate questionnaire: Diane Truesdell
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly