Deaths/funerals: Lola Pearl Mitchell
Services for Lola Pearl Mitchell, 92, formerly of Tonganoxie, will be at 1 p.m. Friday, Sept. 7, 2001, at Tonganoxie Christian Church. Burial will be in Wise Cemetery, Winchester.
Mrs. Mitchell died Monday, Sept. 3, 2001, at Winchester Geriatric Center.
Mrs. Mitchell was born June 28, 1909, in Lyndon, Kan., the daughter of Millard LeRoy and Emma Roxie (Wood) Irwin. She was a member of the Tonganoxie Christian Church; a charter member of the Sertoma Club and site coordinator for Tonganoxie Senior Citizens, all of Tonganoxie.
On Aug. 17, 1929, she married Albert Sidney Mitchell in Oskaloosa. He died in 1992.
Survivors include three sons, Albert LeRoy Mitchell, Hillsboro, Ore., George Sidney Mitchell, Brookwood, Ala., and Meryl Eugene Mitchell, Moscow, Idaho; one daughter, Clara Allene Mattox, Valley Falls; 11 grandchildren; 29 great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren.
The family will receive friends Thursday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Quisenberry Funeral home in Tonganoxie.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Winchester Geriatric Center or Tonganoxie Christian Church, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Area columnists: Jarbalo Jottings and McLouth Happenings
- A place to call home in Tonganoxie at Cornerstone Family Worship
- Face to Face: New Tonganoxie Public Libary board member Loralee Stevens
- Cornerstone Family Worship inviting community to celebrate opening Sunday
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education