Freshman volleyball starts season at 3-0
The Tonganoxie freshman volleyball team started the season with a sweep at Mill Valley last Thursday.
The squad was the first Chieftain team to play this season. It defeated Basehor-Linwood 15-4, 15-1; De Soto 15-1, 15-6; and Mill Valley 10-15, 15-13, 15-6.
Freshman coach LeAnn Bond was pleased with the first wins.
"I was really happy with how hard they played," Bond said. "They rarely let the ball touch the ground."
The Chieftains will compete next Thursday at Immaculata against Piper and Immaculata.
Matches start at 5 p.m.
More like this story
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas lawmakers considering proposals on public employees
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Hallmark seeks to cut 200 jobs in next several months
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants