Country’s response must be measured
The terrorist attacks on Tuesday against the United States struck at the gut of the nation.
It rocked the very soul of this country from New York City to the heartland and on to San Francisco. It served to remind us just how fragile our lives are and how important our freedom is.
This large-scale attack against the United States will not go unanswered. And that is as it should be.
These attacks have awakened the sleeping giant. As disbelief turns to action, the responses to these attacks must be measured and thoughtful. They must not be knee-jerk.
The repercussions from these attacks will be felt throughout our nation for months and years on both a personal level and a national level.
As the horror of Tuesday's events begins to fade from memory, the United States must stand vigilant against the attackers. The country must work to ensure that terrorist warfare does not cross the borders of our nation. We as a country must work to ensure that this does not become a way of life in America.
More like this story
- Public invited to see Tonganoxie artist create mural inside local business this weekend
- Kansas City Connection: Pick up a unique gift at an upcoming arts and crafts fair
- Antler broker flourishes in his Delphos business
- Solid as a rock in Tonganoxie
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events