Foster care class scheduled
Behavioral Healthcare Network will offer free training classes that will help prospective foster parents make informed decisions about whether foster care or adoption is appropriate for them and their family.
After completing the training, families may choose to foster, adopt or do neither of these.
The classes can give a better understanding of children, their families and the people who work in foster care and adoption.
Classes will begin in Lawrence on Sept. 13 and are offered by the Kaw Valley Center, 1525 W. Sixth, Lawrence, at no cost. To learn more, call Kursten at (785) 331-4200 ext. 1700.
More like this story
- Senator's bill on Kansas out-of-district students criticized
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it