Foster care class scheduled
Behavioral Healthcare Network will offer free training classes that will help prospective foster parents make informed decisions about whether foster care or adoption is appropriate for them and their family.
After completing the training, families may choose to foster, adopt or do neither of these.
The classes can give a better understanding of children, their families and the people who work in foster care and adoption.
Classes will begin in Lawrence on Sept. 13 and are offered by the Kaw Valley Center, 1525 W. Sixth, Lawrence, at no cost. To learn more, call Kursten at (785) 331-4200 ext. 1700.
More like this story
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal
- New Kansas schools plan has funds for budget emergencies
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation