Foster care class scheduled
Behavioral Healthcare Network will offer free training classes that will help prospective foster parents make informed decisions about whether foster care or adoption is appropriate for them and their family.
After completing the training, families may choose to foster, adopt or do neither of these.
The classes can give a better understanding of children, their families and the people who work in foster care and adoption.
Classes will begin in Lawrence on Sept. 13 and are offered by the Kaw Valley Center, 1525 W. Sixth, Lawrence, at no cost. To learn more, call Kursten at (785) 331-4200 ext. 1700.
More like this story
- Fall enrollment down by 554 students at Kansas State
- Kansas State, other state universities see enrollment drop
- Tonganoxie USD 464 officials urging parents to apply online to assist in potential state aid
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push
- KU's lavish shrine to Naismith's 'Rules of Basket Ball' takes shape