Skate park plan now rolling on to design stage
A three-dimensional design plan is the next step for a proposed skate park in Tonganoxie.
City officials met last week with proponents of a skate park and David Hamby, a consultant with BG Consultants, Lawrence, and discussed park plans.
A 3-D design plan will be presented at the Sept. 24 city council meeting.
City Administrator Chris Clark said progress is being made on the park.
"I think we're doing well in terms of a timetable," Clark said. "We're also looking at the solidification of a site. We have a good site in mind."
The site under consideration is near Second and Pleasant streets, east of the Tonganoxie Swimming Pool near VFW Park.
More like this story
- Desert Storm veterans to be honored Friday at Leavenworth County Veterans Day Parade
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- A perpetual time of need in Tonganoxie
- Kansas City Connection: New Year’s options and a last-minute gift guide
- Sideline Chic moves into downtown Bonner Springs