Bank accounts established to help victims of Trade Center attacks
Three area women have made arrangements for people to donate to the World Trade Center Relief Fund by making deposits at two area banks.
Christina Ogden-Groves, Rebecca Hurla and Judi Hurla, members of the Stranger Township Fire Department Auxiliary, decided it would be easier to area residents to donate to the fund for families of victims and to help the volunteers if funds were set up at banks. The women have arranged for donations to be made to accounts at all locations of First State Bank and Trust of Tonganoxie, including Tonganoxie and Basehor, and at Commerce Bank in Leavenworth and Bonner Springs.
People who want to contribute can make checks or money orders payable to: Stranger Township Fire Department Auxiliary For Benefit of World Trade Center Relief Fund. The women have also arranged for notices of their drive to be sent home with students in the Basehor-Linwood schools.
For more information, call Ogden-Groves, 724-4848 or Judi Hurla or Rebecca Hurla at 369-2095.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Bonner Springs balloon fest puts the helium in Halloween
- Great Midwest Balloon Fest looks for great weather this weekend
- Tonganoxie thrower has record-breaking day
- Mathematician not optimistic about suit seeking ballot audit
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events