Historical society plans meeting
Harry Langdon will enlighten Tonganoxie historical buffs about the area's background in music and art when he speaks at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The meeting will be at the Tonganoxie Historical Site, 103 E. Washington.
Speaking for the Kansas Humanities Council, Langdon's topic will be "People of the Plains in Music and Art."
Langdon is a professor emeritus of humanities at Johnson County Community College, where he taught from 1986 to 1987. Previously, he taught theater and theater history at Creighton University, Illinois State University, Rockhurst College and St. Mary of the Plains.
Langdon's talks frequently include musical accompaniment. He is a singer and keyboardist and has been bass section leader of the Kansas City Symphony Chorus.
The Kansas Humanities Council conducts and funds programs that promote understanding of the history, traditions and ideas that shape our lives and the communities in which we live.
More like this story
- This year's Leavenworth County Veterans Day Parade to salute Vitenam veterans
- Jury to weigh death sentence for man in Jewish site killings
- Gala in Tonganoxie, parade in Leavenworth highlight Veterans Day celebrations
- Tonganoxie area groups support national veteran motorcycle ride on Interstate 70
- Tonganoxie VFW Women's Auxiliary hosting Saturday BBQ for Vietnam vets