Homecoming ceremonies scheduled
Everyone is invited to roll out the carpets for Tonganoxie's annual homecoming parade, set for 2:15 p.m. Friday.
Floats, bands, cheerleaders, athletes and homecoming contestants will greet the public on their route that heads south on Main Street from the high school, and then west on Fourth Street.
The evening's coronation of the queen and king will be at 6:30 p.m., just before the start of the game against the De Soto Wildcats.
Royalty candidates for this year's homecoming celebration are:
For queen: Heather Beach, Aimee Eisman, Sami Hassinger, Jasmine McCaffery, Rachel Saunders, Keri Walker and Ashley Weller. For king: Matt Alexander, Greg Burnett, Alan Davis, Thomas Dodge, Kraig LaRosh, Dustin Schultz and Joe Sledd.
A photograph of the candidates appears on page 6A.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Wanted: Mural ideas for Tonganoxie
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action