Area news briefs
Pleasant Ridge High School in Easton is offering a free adult education program for anyone interested in earning a high school diploma. The self-paced program is supervised by a certified educator. For additional information, call (913) 651-9740.
The Leavenworth County chapter of Kansas for Life will sponsor the ninth annual Life Chain on Oct. 7.
The prayer vigil will be from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. along both sides of Fourth Street, from Limit to Thornton.
A candlelight vigil is set for next month to draw attention to the devastating effects of domestic violence.
The vigil will begin at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 27 at the Leavenworth County Justice Center in Leavenworth.
It is sponsored by the Alliance Against Family Violence.
Ray Daniels, Kansas City, Kan., school superintendent, will speak at Tuesday's meeting of the Wyandotte County Association of Retired School Personnel.
The luncheon meeting begins at 11:45 a.m. at Trinity United Methodist Church, 51st and Parallel in Kansas City, Kan.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie to have equestrian restrictions on sidewalks, trails
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Kansas private businesses could be exempt from local regulations under state bill
- Kansas' governor defends state's new guns-on-campus law
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits