Superintendent still optimistic
Tonganoxie school superintendent Richard Erickson isn't counting on the state to pay the remaining half of April's school funding by payday, April 20.
"We'll adjust, we'll make adjustments and we'll have to borrow off of our present school balances to make it work," Erickson said.
He's hoping the situation will improve and the district's state aid will arrive on time in May and June. Regardless, he's fairly optimistic.
"I feel as long as by the June 30th closeout of the fiscal year if we receive all the state aid that we're entitled to, I think we'll function," Erickson said.
More like this story
- For fourth straight year, school advocates march to Topeka, but stakes are higher than ever
- Kansas gay rights bill sparks debate in legislative committee
- Kansas lawmakers 'distracted' by women's wardrobes
- Man convicted in Jewish site killings is sentenced to death
- Kansas allowing concealed guns in Statehouse without permit