Leavenworth, Linwood riders set for Shrine Rodeo this month
Activities for the 43rd annual Abdallah Shrine Rodeo, set for Aug. 15 and 16 in Kansas City, Mo., will include a pageant in which two Leavenworth County teenagers are competing.
Rebecca Abramovitz, 16, the daughter of Brian and Susan Abramovitz, rural Leavenworth, and Calley Lou Hoffman, 17, the daughter of James and Lori Hoffman, Linwood, are among the 11 rodeo queen contestants.
Rebecca attends Lansing High School and Calley is a student at Basehor-Linwood High School.
The winning Shrine Rodeo Queen will advance to the Miss Rodeo Kansas competition held later this year. The next step would be the Miss Rodeo America pageant in December during the National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas.
The queen of this year's Abdallah Shrine Rodeo will be crowned Aug. 15.
Tickets for the rodeo are $10-$14 and may be purchased by calling the rodeo office at (913) 362-1293, or by calling Ticketmaster. Tickets also will be available at the Kemper Arena box office starting at 6 p.m. each day of the rodeo.
More like this story
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty