Leavenworth, Linwood riders set for Shrine Rodeo this month
Activities for the 43rd annual Abdallah Shrine Rodeo, set for Aug. 15 and 16 in Kansas City, Mo., will include a pageant in which two Leavenworth County teenagers are competing.
Rebecca Abramovitz, 16, the daughter of Brian and Susan Abramovitz, rural Leavenworth, and Calley Lou Hoffman, 17, the daughter of James and Lori Hoffman, Linwood, are among the 11 rodeo queen contestants.
Rebecca attends Lansing High School and Calley is a student at Basehor-Linwood High School.
The winning Shrine Rodeo Queen will advance to the Miss Rodeo Kansas competition held later this year. The next step would be the Miss Rodeo America pageant in December during the National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas.
The queen of this year's Abdallah Shrine Rodeo will be crowned Aug. 15.
Tickets for the rodeo are $10-$14 and may be purchased by calling the rodeo office at (913) 362-1293, or by calling Ticketmaster. Tickets also will be available at the Kemper Arena box office starting at 6 p.m. each day of the rodeo.
More like this story
- More Kansas teachers leaving state, retiring
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise
- Report says student scores rise and fall with funding
- Tonganoxie School Board again tables contract decision for Parker; 200 attend meeting
- Kansas State of State address: Brownback appeals to GOP base