Obituary: Audrey Ione Skeet
Services for Audrey Ione Skeet, Lawrence, will be at 10 a.m. today, Aug. 7, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. Burial will be in Reno Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mrs. Skeet, 90, died Sunday, August 4, 2002, at the Tonganoxie Nursing Center. She was born April 17, 1912, in Linwood, the daughter of William and Nellie (Marshall) Winkelman. She was head cook at several residence halls at the University of Kansas in Lawrence. Mrs. Skeet was a member of United Methodist Church and former Worth Matron, Rinda Chapter No. 82 Order of the Eastern Star, both of Tonganoxie. She was a member of Busy Bee Club and Reno Ladies Aid, of Reno.
She married Harry M. Skeet on Oct. 5, 1938. He died March 22, 1995. A step grandson, Dana Henry, died in 1984.
Survivors include three sons, Larry W. Skeet, Lane; Billy A. Skeet, Tonganoxie; and Robert M. Skeet, Lawrence; a sister, Clovis Curtiss, Lansing; five grandchildren, two step grandsons, six great-grandchildren and one step great-granddaughter.
The family suggests memorials to Hospice or American Diabetes Association, in care of the funeral home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
More like this story
- Geologists: Drilling slowdown cuts number of Kansas quakes
- Army to resume cleanup at former Sunflower ammunition plant
- Officials: Early to say fewer quakes due to fracking limits
- Tonganoxie citywide garage sales, Leavenworth County cleanup events Saturday
- KDHE continues to research soil following gas leak