Obituary: Emma Nancy Taylor
Services for Emma Nancy Taylor, Tonganoxie, were held Saturday, Aug. 3, 2002, at Tonganoxie Christian Church. Burial was in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mrs. Taylor, 89, died Wednesday, July 31, 2002, at Brandon Woods Health Center, Lawrence.
She was born Aug. 1, 1912, in Climax Springs, Mo., the daughter of Archie and Augusta (Warsdadt) Stewart. She was a seamstress at Tribute Casket Co., Kansas City, Mo., and was a farmwife and homemaker.
Mrs. Taylor was a member of Tonganoxie Christian Church and Rinda Chapter No. 82 Order of Eastern Star, both of Tonganoxie. On Sept. 3, 1932, she married John A. Taylor in Kansas City, Mo. He died July 18, 1999.
Survivors include two daughters, Nancy Pearce and Judy Erwin, both of Tonganoxie; six grandchildren; 15 great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandson.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Christian Church Carpet Fund, in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 933, Tonganoxie, 66086.
More like this story
- Slide in Kansas oil industry continues to stress producers
- Kansas House panel to consider consumption tax increases
- Kansas Senate plans to debate raising taxes to fix budget
- Lower oil, gas prices hit some Kansas county budgets hard
- Mature Living: Government: No benefit hike for Social Security next year