Obituary: Nellie Katherine Burwell
Services for Nellie Katherine (Croft) Burwell, 92, Dighton, were Friday, Nov. 29, 2002, at the Dighton Christian Church, with the Revs. George Bever and Ben Friesen officiating. Burial was in the Beeler Cemetery.
Mrs. Burwell died Nov. 26, 2002, at Eudora Nursing Center in Eudora. She was born July 21, 1910, at Bluff City, the daughter of Hutchinson and Jeanette Anna (Gonder) Croft.
She lived in Medicine Lodge for four years, and then the family moved to Anthony, where she attended school through the ninth grade. She then attended two years of high school in Wichita before the family moved to Beeler.
She was a mail carrier, a beautician and a homemaker. Mrs. Burwell also was a member of the Beeler Methodist Church.
She married Ira Burwell on Oct. 26, 1928, in Beeler.
Survivors include a son, Keith Burwell, Tonganoxie; four granddaughters; four great-grandchildren; one great-great-grandchild; and four stepgreat-grandchildren.
A son, Kent, and her husband died earlier.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Beeler Methodist Church or the Dighton Christian Church, sent in care of Fitzgerald Funeral Home in Ness City, 67560.
More like this story
- Wichita bishop to make case for sainthood for Kapaun
- Feds charge Kansas priest with bank fraud over parish thefts
- Kansas City-St. Joseph Diocese Bishop Finn Resigns
- Soles for souls: Tonganoxie church collects shoes to raise money for religious studies
- Tonganoxie City Council holds off on excise tax decision for church