Obituary: Nellie Katherine Burwell
Services for Nellie Katherine (Croft) Burwell, 92, Dighton, were Friday, Nov. 29, 2002, at the Dighton Christian Church, with the Revs. George Bever and Ben Friesen officiating. Burial was in the Beeler Cemetery.
Mrs. Burwell died Nov. 26, 2002, at Eudora Nursing Center in Eudora. She was born July 21, 1910, at Bluff City, the daughter of Hutchinson and Jeanette Anna (Gonder) Croft.
She lived in Medicine Lodge for four years, and then the family moved to Anthony, where she attended school through the ninth grade. She then attended two years of high school in Wichita before the family moved to Beeler.
She was a mail carrier, a beautician and a homemaker. Mrs. Burwell also was a member of the Beeler Methodist Church.
She married Ira Burwell on Oct. 26, 1928, in Beeler.
Survivors include a son, Keith Burwell, Tonganoxie; four granddaughters; four great-grandchildren; one great-great-grandchild; and four stepgreat-grandchildren.
A son, Kent, and her husband died earlier.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Beeler Methodist Church or the Dighton Christian Church, sent in care of Fitzgerald Funeral Home in Ness City, 67560.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy